2020 didn’t go the way we thought it would.
With only 2 months in to our artist residency at Richardson Bay Audubon Center and Sanctuary, it had to close because of the pandemic. Though it didn’t look as we had imagined, we are adapting. The dancers are currently trying a new work-from-home process. We would start the week with a check-in and discussion of relevant topics. From this we decide on a prompt and assignment, create movement in our own neighborhoods, then “gathered” at the end of the week to develop the material as a group, either in video chats or (when it felt ok to do so) outside with a 6 foot distance between us. We made short films , had guided birdsits and led a small community workshops. We held a year-end Night-in Gala.
2021 was a mix of virtual and in-person art mkaing. We were joined by filmmakers, video installation artists, couture designers, hair & make-up. More short dance films, and a live-stream virtual performance MURMUR on the Richardson Bay property.
Stunning images by dancer and collage artist, Julianna Cressman
Praise for Six Foot Wingspan
- MURMUR live-streaming Friday 9/10 & Saturday 9/11 3:30-5pm PDT
- On set with lead artists Richelle Donigan & Joan Lazarus
- Sneak peak! First bird couture film shoot!
- Elders project, video premiere, vision workshop
- 5 Elements Video
- Donation MATCH and SPARK BIRD Couture!
- Colleen Quen’s Spark Bird costumes
- Dedicated to the Body — 2020 Year End Letter
- SBDP 2020 Year In Review
- Dance & Bird Collage
- Hand on heart, hand on belly, breathe.
- Movement Murmuration workshop
- Join us Sept 10th, 8am PDT for a bird sit!
- Through all this, the flock gathers…
- SixFootWingspan rehearsal photos
- Video is up! Let us know what you think 🎥
- Pride Party: Let’s Go-Go Birding Together!🏳️🌈
- Join us! SBDP & Audubon CA live-streaming 6/22 at 1pm PDT
- Join us! SBDP & Audubon CA live-streaming 6/15 at 1pm PDT
- Spatial DisDANCING together for the first time!