We depend on individual backers like you to provide critical support to the talented and hard-working team who are committed to empowerment through art. Please consider making a personally meaningful contribution today!
Sarah Bush Dance Project (SBDP) is a contemporary dance company based in Oakland, California. SBDP formed in 2007 to promote innovative artistry, community interaction and feminist ideals through the creation and presentation of multimedia dance, as interpreted by the artistic work and vision of Sarah Bush. Our 2018 season will be marked by “Spirit and Bones” coming this fall.
danced with controlled abandon”
— KQED Arts
“exuberant and visceral choreography”
— SF Chronicle
Sarah Bush Dance Project finished off its 10th anniversary season with the premiere of Homeward. New work exploring the ideal of home — safe, solid, reliable, personal — and then, just like that, it can be gone.
— The Daily Californian
SBDP’s 2016 project This Land brought together two great sources of inspiration: Art and Nature. In This Land Oakland, SBDP called us back to this incredible landscape of Oakland, from the developed and designed to its watery edges, enchanted redwoods and scenic hills.
— The Huffington Post
— SF Bay Guardian
- Residency, Reveal, Tributes and Gratitudes - Vernal Equinox, SBDP Residency at Berkeley Art Center, plus official reveal of our new show title.
- Press Release: 2018 Residency at Berkeley Art Center - For immediate release: Berkeley Art Center announces new Dance Residency with Sarah Bush Dance Project
- Creativity is Irrepressible - In the beautiful starkness and darkness of winter is the gestation of new ideas, the generation of new power, readying to crack through the surface, and rise with energetic newness, tender and strong, prepared to weather the spring.
- Reaching Back While Looking Forward - Before we charge ahead into 2018 we are taking a look back at our incredible 10th Anniversary Season.
- Say YES! - Thank you to all of you who have joined me in these first 10 years of the company! Say YES to bringing more dance to more audiences in 2018.