This is the moment.
Can you hear it? A brush of feathers stirring the air.
Can you feel it? The energy gathering like a storm.
Join us on social media this Friday and Saturday as we live-stream a virtual journey through the landscape of the Richardson Bay (unceded Coastal Miwok) environment. The language of birds, a symphony of the senses, the interconnection of all life. Through the artistry of dance we invite tuning-in, with attention and intention, to birds, to care for self, each other, for all life on this planet.
MURMUR is an experiment in access and multiple perspectives, an art murmuration riding the live-streaming waves, currents of connection, migrating nearly instantly across the flyway of digital distance.
Fri 9/10 & Sat 9/11 3:30-5pm Pacific
live-streaming on facebook and instagram
The 2021 sixfootwingspan artists/collaborators:
- Dance: Oscar Trujillo, Frances Teves Sedayao, Joan Lazarus, Sue Li Jue, Lisa Bush Finn, Richelle Donigan, Risa Ofelia Diaz, KJ Dahlaw, Julianna Cressman, Sarah Cabigas, Sarah Bush
- Birdsit guide: Molly Tsongas
- Costumes: Colleen Quen
- Sound & Video: Miles Lassi, Olivia Ting
- Collage: Julianna Cressman
- Film: Lindsay Gauthier, Clare Schweitzer, Aleksey Bochkovsky
- Sculpture: Kasia Krzykawska
- Hair: Prez Francisco, Ché Charles
- Make-up: Lyle Colby Mackston, Hazel Rojas Davila, Tomiko Carillo, Enrico Baldoviso
- Audubon: Molly Tsongas, Casey Arndt, Dash Weidhofer, Haymar Lim, Paige Fernandez
- Tree & Accessibility Consultant: Josh Klipp, Made Welcome
- Public Relations: Jeanie Walsh
- Arts Admin: Lisa Harding
A special thank you to the Meriama Fund for their longstanding and generous support of SBDP.
Collage gallery by Julianna Cressman: