For our 2016 season, we will bring our exploration of “This Land” back home to Oakland. Please support Sarah Bush Dance Project in the creation and presentation of these free site-specific performances and community events. Donate to This Land!
Time spent in outside wild places contributes to our physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Many people no longer have the outdoor experiences that previous generations took for granted. This Land is an artistic reminder that opportunities for first-hand experience with nature are nearby and accessible. It is an invitation to visit outdoor spaces within our city limits.
Join SBDP on a journey through a series of original site-specific performances to celebrate the wild of our city and ourselves. We invite you out to this incredible landscape of Oakland, from the developed and designed to its watery edges, enchanted redwoods and scenic hills.
The series will be launched at Lake Merritt in February, followed by free monthly outdoor performances choreographed for other iconic Oakland landmarks, culminating in a multi-media theater show in May. The series will be punctuated by video pieces, which can be followed on social media, as a vital reminder that our wild can be found anywhere and everywhere in this city.
Join SBDP for This Land Oakland.
Let’s come home to our wild!
This project is supported by the Oakland City Council and funded by the City of Oakland’s Cultural Funding Program.
Watch other This Land videos.
More This Land posts
- Critic’s Choice – Dance Europe Magazine 2016
- Photos: “Reach” at SPF9 – ODC Theater
- KALW Radio 2016 – Interview on Open Air show
- Photos from This Land show at Laney Theater
- SF Chronicle – “Dance production to take a journey through Oakland”
- Last day for Early Bird discount – This Land Oakland
- “Bringing the Outside In” – May 22 #ThisLand #Oakland
- KQED Arts video feature – This Land Oakland
- April 17, 1pm “Recall” – This Land Oakland
- This Land – Photoshoot at MLK Shoreline