THIS LAND OAKLAND – “Bringing the Outside In”
A collection of five multi-media dance pieces inspired by Oakland landscapes.
May 22, 2016 at Laney Theater
Pictured: Audrey Borst, Nicole Casado, Chelsea Hill, Rose Huey, Esther Steele, Nina Wu, and Sarah Bush.
Photographs by Lisa Harding
— SF Chronicle
danced with controlled abandon”
— KQED Arts
“Against these spectacular, constantly shifting backdrops, infiltrated by ambient sounds and intentional music, the drama of Bush’s highly charged movement is meant to renew our sense of self, our sense of place and community.”
– The Huffington Post
This project is supported by the Oakland City Council and funded by the City of Oakland’s Cultural Funding Program.
Additional support from The Blum Family Foundation, The Zellerbach Family Foundation, The Clorox Company Foundation, and many individual donors. Special thanks to East Bay Regional Park District, The Embarcadero YMCA, New Style Motherlode Studio and Dance Brigade.
More This Land posts:
- HOMEcoming – Summer Highlights and upcoming shows
- June! Whoa! – Voguing with a legend, Performing with peacocks
- Critic’s Choice – Dance Europe Magazine 2016
- Photos: “Reach” at SPF9 – ODC Theater
- Interview on Open Air show – KALW Radio 2016 – “Reach” and SPF9
- Photos from This Land show at Laney Theater
- SF Chronicle – “Dance production to take a journey through Oakland”
- Last day for Early Bird discount – This Land Oakland
- “Bringing the Outside In” – May 22 #ThisLand #Oakland
- KQED Arts video feature – This Land Oakland