Tune in to KALW 91.7FM this Thursday at 1:00PM.
This week on Open Air, KALW’s radio magazine for the Bay Area performing arts, host David Latulippe talks with choreographer Sarah Bush about the world premiere of her new dance project Spirit and Bones, which features an intergenerational cast of 15 women, from ages 23 to over 70. All performing artists are Bay Area dance luminaries, who have created their own masterworks, institutions and legacies in the dance world.
Among them are Joanna Haigood, Elvia Marta, Priscilla Regalado, Richelle Donigan, Joan Lazarus and Sue Li Jue. Spirit and Bones is an evening-length production which highlights female resilience in times of darkness, the tenacity of the solo woman, and the ferocious love and strength generated by community. The performance features an original score performed live by Skip the Needle, a rock/soul/funk project out of Oakland, who will also be in the KALW studio and play on the air.
Spirit and Bones runs October 26, 27 (8pm) and 29 (7pm) at the Wilsey Center for Opera at the War Memorial Building (401 Van Ness Ave) in San Francisco.
Spirit & Bones posts:
- Mark your calendars – online classes & performances!
- Press Release: SBDP’s Spirit & Bones nominated for TWO Izzie Awards!
- Year In Review – SBDP’s 2019 Highlights
- National Women’s Studies Association keynote — Spirit & Bones!
- Reflecting on a year without mirrors…
- “I am so ready to love more people.” Thank you!
- Spirit & Bones performance photos
- KALW Radio Open Air – Spirit & Bones
- SF Chronicle Datebook “Dance Pick”
- Radio Interview – Wanda’s Picks